
The girls decided last year on Halloween that they wanted to be witches this year. I happened to be in Target on November 1st, and got these costumes then for half-price. Thankfully the girls still wanted to be witches, and when I unpacked my orange tough totes, they loved and fit into the costumes. The pictures above are actually a stroke of luck, since most of my pictures from Halloween turned out like this:
and this:
I think somehow I messed up the settings on the Fuji camera...but I don't think I know how to check, nor how to put them right! I spent most of Halloween at the school, arranging the kindergarten party, then their parade, then back for the older kids.
I also did put up most of the Halloween decorations. The girls were not happy that I lit very few of the outside ones. I was pleased with how the mantel turned out this year.
And I did bring a nice hummus platter to the pre-trick-or-treating fete that our neighbor hosts. But then again, the hummus was store-bought. As were the crostini. All I really did was draw a face on a freakin' pepper.

But the pumpkins picked are still slowly ripening on the front steps. Uncarved.
I guess I'm only sort of a slacker mom. But the guilt and juvenile insecurity is real. That's why I have a compulsion to show all the previous homemade costumes.
2004: Pocahontas and Cinderella
2005: Frosty the snowman and a ghost poncho for me

Turns out that in 2006 I bought both girls' costumes on eBay (somebody made Gillian's Laura Ingalls dress but it wasn't me). 
But that year I sewed a devil cape for me and a Prince Charming costume for Ward (at Holly's request). Sadly, there are no pictures of that one.
In 2007 there was the great candy buttons challenge. Then the week of Halloween I decided to make myself a poodle skirt.
So that's it. Another Halloween, come and gone.
1 comment:
You are pretty sneaky with the backdoor posting, lady. I kept looking to see where the new post was until John pointed it out - you are providing entertainment from miles away!
Post a Comment