Thursday, November 6, 2008

Say what?

Last night when Ward came home there were the usual happy greetings; nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe 20 minutes later at the dinner table, Gillian lights up and says "Daddy! Obama won!" Before anyone can respond, Holly chimes in "McCain too!" We all say, almost at once, "Uh, Holly...no."

Then Holly says "Oh, no. He got arrested."

This just hits me and I start laughing hysterically and literally have to leave the room. So I'm in the dining room, gasping for air, with tears running down my face, when Holly tells Ward that McCain was "wrestling alligators" and was arrested for "hurting animals."

I was finally able to calm down and rejoin the dinner table, where I had to apologize to a very confused Holly. I don't know where or how she came up with that, though she's putting the blame on a boy from her bus.

1 comment:

sweet p. said...

You rock! I can always count on you to make me laugh.

Apparently last night's South Park was super funny where Obama and McCain go all Ocean's 11 on us - and they were in together on the joke the whole time.