June Helena Ann Bough Lewis
April 30, 1932-August 29, 2003
Today is the fifth anniversary of discovering my mother's death. That year, August 29th was also a Friday. Every year has been a little easier, but I think this one is going to be a toughie. I'm already thinking about the timing of that day, all those unanswered phone calls, hour after hour. I'm going to try to keep busy with the girls to distract myself today.
Special thanks to Diane and Andrew, who came right away that night, and to Caryn and Brad, who drove up from Maryland, forsaking house guests.
I took pictures of these photos of her...we didn't get our first digital camera until 2004. The first picture was taken around 1978...the second in 1993 when I was graduating from Ithaca...the third was in 1996 at Thanksgiving.
Mom, I love and miss you each day. I wish you could be here to see your amazing granddaughters.


3 comments:
To the woman who liked me enough to let me spend the night in her apartment! xoxo
This post made me cry, and I didn't even know your mom. Just the idea of how much it has to hurt to lose a parent is overwhelming. My thoughts are with you.
I didn't know your mom very well, but we still talk about her fantastic accent and what a wonderful woman she was.
Post a Comment