Note: Ithaca girls! I found Cyndy!
I am just about finished with my Christmas shopping. I started getting a few things back in October. But when December gets busy, I simply hate to be in the stores. It stops being fun for me. I especially hate those last-minute gifts that you have to run out for.
Lest any of you think I'm super-organized, rest assured, I'm not. Super-neurotic might be more accurate. See all the posts on things I've started or hope to start. Last year I was wrapping presents I had bought weeks or months before on Christmas Eve.
Another example: I am making cards this year (in part I couldn't justify the expense of the ones I saw on personalization mall and I couldn't find anything I loved for less) but have only gotten halfway through the process. Actually writing them isn't even in the picture yet.
I've been out shopping almost every day this week. The dining room like this:

...and that's not even including any of the stuff that's away from public view. Today I want to get some stuff wrapped; I may be able to deliver it to Ward's parents' house before the big day and get it OUT of here!
Yesterday we went to our favorite farm and cut our tree. We had a little snow last night, which is always the perfect backdrop for when we decorate.
On the way there we encountered the Essex Fox Hounds and I was lucky enough to have my camera this time. It's one of those cool things that they do here out amongst the landed gentry.
We're also back on the birthday party bandwagon, with one yesterday, one today and one next weekend.
The tree awaits, so more soon...
1 comment:
Update: JR got the box o'love from the Anthony girls. He's in love! He'll write/email in due time.
Facebook also freaks me out a bit - I have family, school, undergrad, grad school, mil spouses, and active military people in there. It's a little daunting although I've found a good balance between being connected and keeping my privacy. For the record - I think it's awesome you are there too.
And I need to get on with my gift wrapping too. Ugh! Just in case you were wondering, putting up a Xmas tree alone is HARD WORK!
xo
Post a Comment