Friday, February 8, 2008

House stuff

Forgive me, it has been 16 days since my last post.

There are always projects to be done around our home. I’m particularly bad at str-e-e-e-tching them out from consideration to inception to completion.

This week’s accomplishments:

1. Figuring out how to burn a DVD from the digital camcorder. We bought the DVD recorder in January of 2007. Ward hooked it up two weeks ago. I still have to rewire the cable so we can record off TV.
2. Finishing the setup of the old DVD player in the playroom. Somehow the initial hookup killed that VCR (1990-2008, RIP) so I did get our fancy (hah!) new (circa 2001) VCR from the attic and configured everything, including the universal remote.
3. Testing paint for Holly’s bedroom.
4. Buying and installing new valences for the playroom.

I have also been looking at wood and molding for more projects, including trimming out the fireplace differently and building a shelving unit in Holly’s bedroom. (note to Lisa: The existing trim on the fireplace seems to have been in tandem with the installation of the heatilator. The brick around the intake areas on the sides was chipped out so horribly that the only option must have been to cover the whole thing up with trim. So we’re going to just add more.)

The DVD thing is actually in anticipation of a flash of volunteerism that I had wherein I told the first-grade teacher that I would video the kids’ “Moon Cereal” commercials next month. Figured I should be actually able to follow through on my offer, especially as quickly as it was accepted.

Lest you think that this is all very amazing, I will actually attempt to contain my fear and depict an abbreviated list of things that have to be done in the playroom alone. The scary thing is that there are lists like this for every room in the house. That's why I gave up making them!

Playroom:

1. Finish removing all old wallpaper.
2. Add picture frame molding below the chair rail.
3. Prime & re-paint back of entertainment center to match walls.
4. Frame (and re-frame) antique U.S. Department of Agriculture fruit prints.
5. Reupholster chairs and sand and stain arms & legs.
6. Re-caulk crown molding.
7. Replace or refresh ceiling fan.

Perhaps if I wasn’t so busy blogging I could actually get some of this s*it done!

No comments: