
Like so many American girls, 4-year -old Holly has been very taken with the new Disney musical productions. To the point that even Gillian begs to not have to watch High School Musical (1 or 2) again.
My long search for a class to indulge her singing and dancing included a place not too far away that sounded perfect. The class met on Saturdays and included singing, dancing and acting components. Should have been great for our little drama queen, right? Well, when I couldn't find the tuition on the web site, I stopped by. Very impressed by their stage, musicians and program. I almost lost my lunch when they said that tuition for September-December would be $1000! Yes, folks, that's more than we pay for her pre-school.
Thankfully we found a great studio in New Providence that offers a very reasonably-priced class in Broadway song and dance for 3 & 4 year-olds. Holly just loves it, and is learning two songs and dances to go with each. She does a tap number while singing "Do-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music and a ballet number to "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables. I can't wait for the performance in December, it should be pretty amusing!
No comments:
Post a Comment