
Well, the kalamata olive bread I baked Tuesday turned out fair. I'd give it a B to B+. It looked better than the texture was, but that was partly my fault for substituting cracked wheat for the rye flour in the recipe. Also the technique suggested for incorporating the olives didn't give me the random distribution that I prefer. I wound up with a rainbow of olives through the bread!
The pumpernickel/rye (all done in the bread maker) was kind of the opposite problem. It was so wet, sticky and heavy that I thought it was a total dud. But the consistency was great, firm and dense. Like one of those party loaves you can buy at the grocery store. Mild flavor, but I didn't add any caraway.
2 comments:
Good or so so ...homemade always gets eaten one way or another. I will bring the butter or olive oil.It looks yummy to me.
chica - i have the recipes for you. i will put them in the mail tomorrow. xoxo
Post a Comment