I feel like my life has been one big unending marathon since Labor Day. After the rummage sale, I leaped into everything that had been pushed off into October. Then Gillian's birthday and Halloween. Last Monday I realized that there wasn't another week before Thanksgiving and I thew myself into holiday shopping. Soup sales have gone through the roof, which is great, but requires extra shopping, prep and delivery time.
Ward was under the weather in October, although on the mend now, but he is still seeing the doctor for follow-ups. Holly and I had the stomach bug the week before Halloween, which thankfully missed the others, but the following week the school nurse called about Gillian, who had a temperature of 104. I felt sure that it was H1N1, which has been all over school. (I heard yesterday that the mother of one of Holly's classmates had been in the hospital for 2 weeks with it.) But luckily we dodged that bullet too. By the next day Gillian's temp was normal, and she had a mild cough and cold the following weekend.
Between sick days and school stuff the girls haven't had been in school a full week in over a month. The first week of November was NJ Teacher's Convention, and we were off Thursday and Friday. We went to DC; I'll post about that next. The following two weeks school was closed each Tuesday for parent-teacher conferences. Then this week they are off for Thanksgiving. December weekends are all booked up already, and my 20th HS reunion is this Saturday night.
Last week Holly had another two teeth extracted on the bottom. More shark teeth coming in waay behind. The top two front are barely hanging in there, and are so loose they have snaggled. She will likely be enjoying Thanksgiving smoothie-style.
On Saturday we took the kids to a great Christmas fair that a nearby church holds each year. Check out these no-longer-little kids. Man.

1 comment:
ugh, i cant stand it - the girls are so big and absolutely gorgeous!
sending you many, many hugs!
Post a Comment