Last year Ward sent me this recipe for Caramelized Tomato Tarte Tatin from the NY Times. It took me eleven months, but I finally made it tonight (served with simple grilled steaks and a nice Cote de Rhone).
We have had a plethora of home-grown yellow cherry tomatoes that I wanted to use.
It was a simple recipe, but I was concerned about turning it out of the pan. This is the point where I was saying "Oh, please, oh please" silently to myself...
...and here's how it turned out.

Sweet, light, delicious. You have to plate and serve almost immediately, as you start to lose the texture of the puff pastry, but the tomato juice turns it into a completely different thing as it sits. OMG, this is a recipe to keep!
1 comment:
I posted this on our Hungry Girls too, but your pics are way better than the ones in the original article.....
Post a Comment