The thing about putting stuff off is that it never truly goes away. I have this week jam-packed with all the stuff I pushed off until after the VNA sale.
That said, the VNA sale was a huge success. The Children's Department sales figures for Thursday were up over 20% from the fall sale and almost 50% from spring 2008. Total improvement from our department from last spring turned out up 35%.
I had no drama and felt like I had assimilated into the group. Like the Toys staff, who all have matching articles of clothing all in orange (vests, sweatshirts, t-shirts, etc.) this year we also uniformed up for the sale. Our denim shirts were embroidered with a cute design and our names.

Saturday was the girls' spring belt test, and of course, both passed. Here are a few pictures.


After that we attended Matthew's birthday party, featuring an aqua-obstacle course, at which the girls had a blast.

Sunday was a mostly lazy day. Breakfast out, a little plant shopping in the rain, and an afternoon of food programs on TV. Both girls had a much-needed 90 minute nap.
Tomorrow is Holly's birthday, and I've gotten everything to make a cake (Littlest Pets at the Beach) and just have to buy a big roll of wrapping paper. Hopefully I can pull that all off this afternoon and evening.
Ward has also been moving things around, and was late last night and tonight to avoid being late on Wednesday. So I took the girls with me to the dance studio for the class picture on Monday night. It was close to bedlam, with all the girls and their multitude costumes and the moms trying to get them in and out of each outfit for the picture. I'm glad that my girls aren't dancing.
I'm also going in to school twice this week, tomorrow to chaperon a field trip to a grist mill with Holly's class and Friday to help out in Gillian's. But finally, next week looks pretty free of hard and fast commitments. Phew.
Here's a few more pictures, one of the redbud in bloom (the new grass is coming in nicely) and another of my new summer sandals. Finally I found a pair of Chacos that worked for me, and at EMS on clearance!

No comments:
Post a Comment