
We went last weekend and found our pink tree! We worked with the woman at the nursery and talked about our site and what would be best. I also love the darker pink rather than the pale pink of a cherry tree. So our Eastern Redbud will be delivered and planted some time in the next two weeks. It's a good thing; they pulled the willow stump Wednesday while I was out and the front yard looks like a battlefield. Once the Redbud is in we can regrade and seed.
While we were there we discovered that Rutgers has been propagating their own crape myrtles. Since these are grown and raised here they tend to be hardier than the southern-grown stock, which are still a gamble in Zone 6. So we got one of those too and will see how it does.
In other unfinished business:
We did finally get shelves made for the TV closet, and the organizing and cleaning is about complete. Other than a few random things that are still waiting for a permanent home, we are done. Voila!
Our quest to replace our 17 year old mattress continues. Everything is way too soft and cushy. Our front-runner seemed fine until we came home and laid on the old bed.
I am going to perform with my tap class in the recital in June. This is quite a huge step for me; I have taken this class totally for me... my attitude has always been: "who wants to see this dance?" (The Full Monty...anyone?) The class decided to wear black t-shirts and denim skirts, which was a big factor in my decision. Also the fact that I almost have the dance down.
I'm also going to give my best shot at volunteering with the VNA again for the spring rummage sale. With spring break coming up, it's going to be hard to get my 30 hours in.
There have been a couple of sad events, too.
While I was up visiting my Aunt June on Friday I found out that a friend's father died unexpectedly. The memorial service is tomorrow.
Then on Tuesday I got a call that Aunt June (who has been doing amazingly well on her own since my uncle died in December) had fallen at the doctor's office and broken her hip. She came through the surgery with flying colors and is being transferred to rehab today. While I'm up in the area I'll stop tomorrow and check in with her. She should be home in two weeks or so.
So that's the news from here.
1 comment:
We just bought a new mattress and bed. We agree that everything was too squishy. We ended up with "extra firm."
Post a Comment