After deciding to stay at home yesterday (waiting...waiting for the rain to start) we had a busy birthday for Ward today. We decided to go for bagels at 9, then decided to make a pit stop for coffee at Fourbucks. Then we saw the signs for the Chester Fall Craft Show, and thought "why not?"
Back home for a few hours, we decided to set up the wireless router I gave Ward. After the software refused to recognize the router after four attempts, I spent a half hour on the phone with Cisco/Lynksys. My friend Laura, who says she is almost PC illiterate, went to Radio Shack and they recommended this router because of the great, free customer support. And the woman I worked with was top notch. Evidently there was some issue with the model I bought and Dell...but she walked me though hooking it up to the PC and then tying in Ward's laptop. There was a lot of TCP/IP protocols and DOS prompts, and I would never have gotten it to work without her. So snaps to Lynksys! Hopefully work at home will happen more often now.
Ward wandered all around the house and property with his laptop, and was especially happy that the connection worked perfectly well from his Adirondack chair down by the river. Although spending a beautiful day outside on the computer seems a little off...
Dinner was rescheduled from yesterday to today due to Hanna. We're going to Salt, a Gastropub in Byram. We're very excited, it has had some good reviews, and should be a welcome place for the four of us to go now and again. Review to follow!
Last night wasn't a total washout; I finally made Ina's Tuna Tartare, and it was just as great as I hoped. The recipe in the book (Family Style) has a smaller yield than this one on FN.
Bug Wars
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment