We have been working on Holly's room this year. Repainted the light blue to light green (it's one shade lighter than the adjacent living room) which helps both spaces flow so much more. She wanted pink and green, and I think we managed to get there without it being too watermelon-y. I think the area rug helped, too.
The pièce de résistance is the bookcase, which was just delivered. I still have to prime and paint it gloss white. We found this guy nearby who sells unfinished furniture, but also builds custom for very reasonable prices. He did a beautiful job! It fits right into the space between the closets, and should be more than enough storage (not all the shelves are in place in this picture). Since it's the first part of her room you see when you walk in the house, it's a definite improvement.
3 comments:
i love the piece de resistance! holly - can i move into your room too?!
Does Holly sleep in the middle of the buddies?
yep. And much to my chagrin, last weekend we added THREE more. So unless Patri shrinks down to beanie baby size, I don't know where she'd fit!
Post a Comment