The down side to this is that I think I've heard perhaps every possible rendition of every holiday song ever recorded. The most disturbing by far: Barbra Streisand singing "My Favorite Things." Hear for yourself on Amazon. It's just...wrong. Thank goodness Rodgers and Hammerstein died before she recorded this.
Here's a random list of some of the things that make it feel like Christmas to me:
- Going out to get our fresh-cut Concolor Fir from a local farm.
- Getting out all the ornaments; it's like they're old friends. Plus like so much else in our lives, each one has a story.
- Planting Amaryllis and watching them grow.
- Singing Christmas carols.
- Decorating outside and adding more lights each year.
- Taking the girls to bring Toys for Tots to the local police station.
- Helping each girl to shop for her sister and father.
- Cooking Christmas dinner to remember my mother (standing rib roast, roasted potatoes and popovers).
- Buying our favorite Cava by the case. (see the drink recipe!)
There's lots more, but that's all for today.
Here's a few tree-centric pictures for you all. Sorry I've been too busy to post much lately.
Here's a few tree-centric pictures for you all. Sorry I've been too busy to post much lately.
Look, I do exist!



1 comment:
Nice looking tree... I cant believe you are listening to Xmas carols non-stop.
The ONE thing that makes me get the Xmas bug is the annual rerun of David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice on NPR. Gotta love that stuff.
Post a Comment