Friday, May 21, 2010

I fought the lawn...and the lawn won

I cut the grass today and first I knocked over a cast iron chair.  Then I broke my big toe nail way down low (and wrecked my cute French pedicure) stubbing my foot on the climbing wall.  Finally I ran over not one, but TWO jump ropes left in the overlong grass, and had to lay next to the mower to reach underneath and manually unwind the pieces from the blade shaft so I didn't destroy the tractor.

Fun, fun.

On a better note, there are lots of pictures up on Facebook.

1 comment:

Loser, Inc. said...

I thought of you last week while I mowed my lawn. I was out there, feeling all "I am woman, hear me roar" and doing a mental inventory of female friends who also mow their lawns (as opposed to the hubby doing it)and I remember a blog post you wrote last year about your lawn. So next time you mow, think of me :) Pete hasn't had to touch our lawn mower (or snow blower, for that matter) in years.