This was dance recital weekend. Three shows, Saturday and Sunday. We danced Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Ward and the girls came to the last show, and he said they were absolutely enthralled for the whole 2 1/2 hours. I was a little surprised -- but as I had the chance to see a lot of the dances, I realized the studio has an amazing company of dancers, and they really do put on one hell of a show. The company performed at the Astaire awards last week, and an agent called the next day to audition FOUR dancers for Billy Elliot.
Here's 10 of the 13 of us who did the recital. The shirts were later spruced up with the rhinestones. The song was Michael
Bublé's version of "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)" which I only just learned was originally performed by
Marvin Gaye before James Taylor made it famous in 1975.

No comments:
Post a Comment