Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Moon Breakfast (backdated entry, if you're keeping track)

Well, I did get the DVDs done for the first grade moon cereal commercials. Long story short, but I really ought to have had some freakin' idea of how to produce them before I offered. Shooting the video and getting it into Ward's laptop was easy. As was his editing software (that part only took an hour).

But getting the DVD off of the computer was a nightmare. Apparently it only burns to some HighMAT format, that none of our DVD players would read. After 5 hours and 12 wasted DVDs (no kidding) I managed to run the edited DVD back to the camcorder onto a fresh tape. Then I ran that to the DVD player/recorder and burned the DVD through that. But I had to repeat this 22 times for each 22 minute DVD. I'm sure there's a better way, but I was under duress to get this thing done.

The DVD was shown at the moon breakfast and all the kids got their copies that day though.

Will try to post video later, but here are a few photos from the event. The kids did a great job on this, their big science unit of the year.



(Gillian's Moon Crunchies. Ingredients include "Sugar, choklit, flower, cornflower, wete & moon rocks." Free sun keychain inside!)


p.s.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that when I finally produced the edited DVD, Ward noticed that I had edited out my own daughter. As Holly would say "For real?!" So I had to add her back in on the computer and re-run it to the camcorder, then to the DVD recorder...

No comments: